As we age, many women develop a fuller tummy/stomach pouch. Sometimes this is primarily at CF and immediately underneath the waist. For other women, this rounding/fullness is not only under the waist, but it also spreads horizontally.
When you have this little belly/pouch, you will often experience fullness in the CF seam right underneath the pouch. There’s a pant video that addresses eliminating these horizontal wrinkles/fullness. Click HERE to watch this video - scroll down to ‘P.7 Fine Tuning the Pant Front Crotch’.
However, sometimes it fits just fine under the pouch, but you’ll see drag lines/wrinkles pointing up toward the center of the tummy fullness. If this occurs, then consider this CF crotch seam refinement.
Rather than maintaining CF as a ‘straight line’, it can be slightly curved right where the tummy fullness is located.
The result is that:
1. You wouldn’t be able to put in a zipper fly at CF – since you need a straight seam for this application. But a zipper front might not suit your body shape anyway because of the tummy pouch.
2. With a curved CF seam, you wouldn’t want to sew with a stripe or checked fabric, as you’d end up with a ‘chevron’ effect at CF which likely wouldn’t be that flattering. Choose solid colors.
This added curvature doesn’t need to be a lot to make a substantial difference. So even though this refinement might sound a little strange, it really does work.
Happy Fitting & Sewing!
Here’s a photo of a happy seamstresses, as these are the best fitting pants she’s ever worn. In this photo, her blouse is tucked in to show the excellent pattern fit, but typically she only ever wears her blouses out over top of her pants. This refinement really does work well!
Pants - Curving the Center Front Seam for a Protruding Tummy
4 Free Getting-Started Gifts with Subscription
- Instructions for this 'Pretty in Peach Princess Jacket' design
- Instructions for the Color-Blocked T-Shirt
- 4-pg. essential Guide to Sewing Notions
- Drawing tool - Designer's Companion (with 1st order)
You will receive an email asking your to confirm your subscription. (Watch for this in your email Inbox. If it's not there, check your Junk/Spam folder). Then you'll be directed to the Subscription Gifts page where you can choose 1 or more of the Welcome Gifts (see revolving carousel below).
No Spam - Total Privacy - Unsubscribe at any time
To see what the Designer's Companion is used for and how it is different from the Designing Stylus, please click here. PO Box 5698, Eugene, OR 97405 USA (541)344-0422 email@example.com Copyright © 2010-2015, Ranita Corporation, Eugene, OR
**Note** You are currently in the SFD Learning Center. All links below will take you back to the main Sure-Fit Designs website and will open up in a new browsing window.