If you have baggies under your backside, there are a number of alternatives for removing them. This accompanying photo is a little on the grainy side (sorry), but it does show you what this situation might look like.
Horizontal Upper Thigh Dart/Wedge
This refinement may help your situation. Pinch out and pin a dart/wedge from the upper, inner thigh on both front and back going to nothing at the side seam. You have to do this on front and back so that the inseams remain the same length.
Try the pants on. If this helps, then baste this dart in place and try them on once more. If you're satisfied with the result, then follow these instructions to make this change on your pants blueprint.
1. Draw a line perpendicular to the straight of grain from the inseam to the side seam.
2. Cut from the inseam to the side seam, leaving a paper hinge at the side seam. Overlap to remove the width of the dart/wedge.
True the inseam.
Redraw the straight of grain from the leg upward.
3. Even though this process does not change the length of CF or CB crotch curves, it does tilt them. If you do this on a grid/grain board, you will be able to determine the amount of the tilt.
Cut this amount off CB and add it back on to side back. Do the same for CF.
This will straighten the CF, CB and side seams to their original positions.
Revised muslin test
Needless to say, you will need to sew a test with these changes incorporated. You may need to adjust the direction of the darts as well as evaluate how the waist edge is now sitting on your body.
For other tune-up alternatives, see:
1. Pants Kit Instruction Book - page 15 #11.
Upper Thigh Dart/Wedge: A way to help remove
4 Free Getting-Started Gifts with Subscription
- Instructions for this 'Pretty in Peach Princess Jacket' design
- Instructions for the Color-Blocked T-Shirt
- 4-pg. essential Guide to Sewing Notions
- Drawing tool - Designer's Companion (with 1st order)
You will receive an email asking your to confirm your subscription. (Watch for this in your email Inbox. If it's not there, check your Junk/Spam folder). Then you'll be directed to the Subscription Gifts page where you can choose 1 or more of the Welcome Gifts (see revolving carousel below).
No Spam - Total Privacy - Unsubscribe at any time
To see what the Designer's Companion is used for and how it is different from the Designing Stylus, please click here. PO Box 5698, Eugene, OR 97405 USA (541)344-0422 firstname.lastname@example.org Copyright © 2010-2015, Ranita Corporation, Eugene, OR
**Note** You are currently in the SFD Learning Center. All links below will take you back to the main Sure-Fit Designs website and will open up in a new browsing window.